The moment scatters. Motionless, I stay and go: I am a pause ~Octavio Paz

Monday, April 5, 2010

Shadow Dance...



She was the eager recipient of my journey’s wayward destiny. With a coy awareness of my presence within him, she casually opened wide and he blindly poured our future’s sun into her. She smiled of self contentment as his unrighteous bleeding presented her with the ill gained gifts of my sacred self respect...regal dignity…conscious pride...devout self-esteem....stubborn faith....tenacious strength. Hungrily, she feasted on each betrayed facet of my being, her emaciated soul vividly taunting our moonlit vows and mocking our resonate history. Engorging my soul with the seedy demons of haunting insecurity and silently dominate fear, their whispers of selfishly stolen pleasures thundered throughout the plundered landscape of my tranquility…ominous and inevitable echoes of his insatiable ego torturing my peace…
"She meant nothing to me"
He self deceivingly spoke the words as though they held some minuscule valor or ethereal magic and meager cathartic reasoning...a surgical elixir able to wistfully heal the deep wounds embedded in my violated heart’s core...an antiseptic with the divine power to cleanse the ravaging diseases of prevailing pain and increasing mistrust, residing in my mind's eye.
To him, she may have “meant nothing"...but to me, she meant the death of everything divine about him in my dying soul. The birth of nightmares that strolled boldly in garments of daylight, tempting the boundaries of a resolute axis...Cruel realities that dispelled the once tender lies held within his compelling thighs. She became the obsessive confusion of compositions authored within the pages of a seemingly eternal novel titled “Why?"….She means to me the feathery declarations of his love’s commitment will now carelessly hang in midair without purpose...falling from grace and silencing my womb. Vowels "I" and "U" choking among the plentiful weeds of "She".....She will be reborn in stings of unyielding doubt that linger in my pores long after the fresh scent of betrayal has been evaporated by Time’s grace….He slipped, but it was I who fell ...a headlong spiral into a concrete reality of betrayed rhythms and callous missteps that synchronized their dark dance, to the ending of my innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment