The moment scatters. Motionless, I stay and go: I am a pause ~Octavio Paz

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Smoke...


He was careless w/ words.
Grandeurs of premature lovely fell with emotional abandon from his seasoned lips and stained my soul.
Eager revealing nestled between layers of simple text mellifluous with yearning, laced intrigue throughout my mind's eye.
Dreams I had long put to rest now sought to breathe…evoking lusts my loins had long learned to suppress, as I strained to capture every syllable of hunger.
"Too much..Too soon"..my soul reasoned..
 Despite my sincere desire to find nurture in his words...to accept them as promise within the scape of my longing, I grew increasingly apprehensive of his sepulchral taste and regurgitated each vowel of declaration.
Unbeknownst to him, too many episodes of potential had quickly dissolved in the tempest, and left me weary of hope and very in tune w/ men who were strangers unto themselves
So I breathed in silent pacification…witness to his inevitable fall.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment