The moment scatters. Motionless, I stay and go: I am a pause ~Octavio Paz

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dark Chocolate...


With ominous reprise, visions of an aborted destiny threatened to drown my addicted being within alluring tempests of darkness. Each moment granted to the resurrected mourning recommenced a bleeding of precious faith's approval...a renewed blinding of hope's commission to enlighten. Retrospectively,there seemed no purpose to the once lived joy that my soul now so despised. The glimpses of intoxicating  potential that sealed him into my breaths haunted me with mercilessness mocking.
We'd kissed with languid intensity. Velvet infused words dripped casual acceptance of the heeded calling, as under-ripened promises of submission composed in syllables and consonants simmered in a bland broth of dubious emotions, were eagerly served before bright season. Poignant sighs of burden emitted my repentance as the sun agonizingly set on golden peaks that once evidenced his presence. Promises abandoned to the god of Fear choked the disillusioned moon's illuminant kiss.
I once considered myself intimate friend to Eternity, convinced we'd  caressed Time with a seemingly mutual hunger to possess it's approbation...But Eternity's mercurial affection was seduced by the sultry gaze of Mystery...and blinded to Time's purpose, forsook my heart's loyal embrace. Gorged with the feast of confusion and inebriated with the wine of deceit, my nauseous soul sought the self induced relief of regurgitation in the merciful seclusion of solitary parturition.
Still...his essence lingered in the textures of my mouth...Often tempting my throat with it's bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment